Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

Never been

Hurray for DollyWood! Tell us about your recent trips to DollyWood or any of its related parks and attractions like Dixie Stampede or Dolly's Splash Country!

Never been

Postby bgirltuck on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:41 pm

I've never been to Dollywood. That said, I did do a report on it back in elementary school and thought it was soooo cool. I'm planning to go over to TN within the next year or so. Is it still open? And what can you guys tell me/what advice would you give a first timer??

Thanks!
Bethany
bgirltuck

Re: Never been

Postby dollyfan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:39 pm

I just went to DollyWood and Splash Country for the first time in September it was AWESOME! We traveled all the way from Oregon and well worth it! You can go to dollywood.com and it tells you the dates they are open. We went the week after labor day and that was the perfect time to go, the weather was hot and there were no lines! I would recommend going to the Dixie Stampede that was a great dinner show and Dolly ownes it. I know for 2010 she is planning on two additions to DollyWood, a new rollercoaster and mountian adventure. The mountian adventure has ziplines and a bunch of rope bridges, anyways it looks like fun I think they might have something about it on her website? Another thing we did while we were there, and it's not part of dollywood, but it's in Piegion Forge is the indoor sky diving, that was a blast! For hotel accommodations I recommend sunset cottages. They are cabins with an awesome view of the smokies, reasonably priced and they are still really close to town. I think their website is sunsetcottages.com ? Let me know if you have any other questions? :D
dollyfan

Postby LittleSparrow88 on Tue May 26, 2009 4:49 am

Hi, I'm late to this discussion but thanks so much for the advice! I am planning to go to Dollywood very soon. But now that I hear about 2 new attractions coming in 2010, I might as well wait. lol. The indoor skydiving thing sounds so cool too!

Would you say that about 3 days should be good to cover everything around there? I wanna see all that I can!
.Sarah.
My heart and soul are on Broadway, but the rest of me is still catching up.

LittleSparrow88

Postby lovespink on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:03 am

I've never been to Dollywood but I would LOVE to go. Anyone actually drive out there from a long distance? I'm not sure if flying/renting a car would be less expensive than driving but it might be.

Dollyfan did you drive or fly over to TN?
lovespink

Return to DollyWood